In order to become resourceful, resilient, responsible, reflective and reasoning learners who are well prepared, excited, and ready for the next stage of their learning journey we aim to make the children:
Aware of themselves:
- Becoming thinking individuals, who make decisions and communicate confidently.
- Knowing their abilities and next steps.
- Motivated by a stimulating learning environment.
- Allowing the discovery of personal aptitudes and talents.
Aware of others:
- Respecting themselves and others in relation to culture, race, gender, age, disability, sexuality and faith.
- Developing their social and moral awareness and understanding.
Aware of the spiritual side of human nature:
- By caring for others and developing joy in themselves.
Through our broad and balanced, inclusive curriculum we consider the following needs:
- Personal and social
- A positive learning atmosphere is created throughout the school.
- Full use is made of the environment and visits etc are encouraged.
- All the aspects contained in the National Curriculum will be followed in a variety of ways and perspectives, to include class, group, individual work, investigations and direct teaching.
“There is a shared
'Be all that you can be.' ”